I have been wanting to make some more particle-based Substances, so I started out with a couple of easy subjects: bottle caps and coins. (Of course it wasn't until I got it finished in Substance Designer that I saw I had coins intersecting other coins, buuuuuuut that's what studies are for!) Overall it worked out better than I worried it would. I'm certainly learning a lot more about how to set up render passes in Modo, and different ways in which those render passes can be used to generate Substances. I really like how it provides a relatively straightforward way to present particles that are rotated at all different angles, especially. More to come!
All renders in Substance Designer.
Edit: Fixed a (now) obvious error in the coin AO output.